Privacy Statement – DCI Data Centers
This statement sets out our policy relating to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of your personal information by us. References to “our”, “us” and “we” in this statement are references to NineZero DC Management I Pty Ltd ACN 607 631 809 trading as DCI Data Centers and its affiliates (DCI Group). Protecting your personal information is important to us, and we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles and the relevant privacy protection legislation in the countries in which we operate (Privacy Laws). We are guided by the Privacy Laws in our responsible handling of personal information.
By using our websites, applications and services, or otherwise providing us with your information, you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information as described in this policy.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The information that we collect depends on the nature of your interactions with us. We may collect personal information about:
- our customers, business associates, potential customers and each of their personnel;
- our suppliers and their personnel;
- persons accessing our data centres;
- current, former and prospective employees and contractors; and
- other people who we come into contact with in the course of providing services to our customers.
We may hold personal information relating to:
- your name, date of birth, contact details (including email addresses), occupation, company name and identification information (including government-issued identification numbers);
- your financial interests and sometimes your financial position, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours;
- payment information, including credit/debit card details. This type of personal information is processed strictly in accordance with relevant payment card industry standards;
- records of our interactions with you and your representatives such as contractors operating on your behalf, including by telephone, email and online;
- your enquiries or complaints; and
- if you apply for a job with us we may collect information relating to your education, employment history and other background information such as your right to work.
Where relevant and with your consent we may also collect ‘sensitive information’ such as:
- your gender, ethnicity and other sensitive personal information collected either directly from you or from third parties, including as part of our recruitment processes;
- if you visit one of our data centres we may require you to provide us with certain biometric data such as fingerprints or other biometric assessment technology that DCI Group may adopt in the future; and
- information about your membership of a professional association or boards, criminal record or health information health information including vaccination status and other COVID-19 related information.
How do we collect your personal information?
Where possible, we collect information about you directly from you.
We may also collect information from third parties including public sources, referrers, agents, your adviser(s) and our service providers including credit reporting bodies and information service providers.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect personal information from your device by using cookies and other similar technologies. Personal information collected may include the website you came from, your location information, IP address, web browser and/or device type and the time and date of access.
For what purposes may we use and disclose your personal information?
We use personal information for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- provide you with our services, perform a contract with you or otherwise engage with you;
- respond to any specific requests you may make of us;
- permit access to our premises;
- notify you of any products or services that may be of interest to you, including by direct marketing;
- audit and monitor the products or services that we provide to you;
- update your personal files;
- analyse the use of our website or our online services (such as our portals and our customer service) by you in order to develop and enhance the services we may provide to you; and
- enable us to meet our obligations under law, for example, the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
Direct marketing and email communications
We would like to provide you with information about new products, promotions and special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting.
We may send you such information by electronic mail, mail or telephone in accordance with the information you have provided to us. When you provide us with any personal information, you will be given the option to let us know that you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes. If you request this option, we will not send you any direct marketing.
If, in providing us with your personal information you have agreed to us using such information to provide you with details of products or services that we consider may be of interest to you by email, we will continue to provide this information by email unless you ask us not to do so.
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other members of the DCI Group;
- our employees, agents, contractors or third-party service providers to enable them to provide administrative and other support services to us; and
- where the disclosure is required by law, for example to government agencies and regulatory bodies as part of our statutory obligations, or for law enforcement purposes.
Accessing your personal information and seeking corrections
We will provide you with access to your personal information and correct any errors in accordance with applicable Privacy Laws.
In most cases, you can gain access to your personal information by contacting us. When accessing your personal information, we will require you to verify your identity.
You can submit a request to correct personal information if believed that the information is incomplete, inaccurate, out of date, misleading, or irrelevant.
Requests can be in writing, including by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require.
How do we protect personal information?
We take all reasonable steps necessary to secure any personal information which we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Where we no longer require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
Are we likely to disclose your personal information overseas?
We may disclose your personal information (including, in certain limited circumstances, your sensitive information) for the purposes for which it was collected (as described above) to:
- other members of the DCI Group, including in New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and Japan, save for when we are precluded from doing so due to specific obligations in respect of confidentiality;
- entities who assist us in providing our services;
- where we are required or authorised to do so by law; and
- to anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you; and
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
What do you do if you have a request, question or complaint
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information and you are in Australia, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Tel: 1300 363 992
DCI Data Centers
NineZero DC Management I Pty Ltd
Level 17, 31 Market Street
Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
ACN: 607 631 809